We Are Back

The league too the holiday weekend off, but was back this week with the final regular week game. One no show. Unfortunately, it went almost as bad as it could have gone.

I had very few hands. The ones I played, I playex poorly. My first hand was QQ. I just limped. Now earlier there was some pre-flop raising, so I hoped I'd get one of those. No such luck. The flop was 982. Check around. The turn was a Jack. The kid bet, host called and so did I. The river was a 7. Uggg. Kid bet again, host called. I figured I might be good here since host didn't raise, but didn't want to press my luck. I had the kid beat but host had the T. My next poorly played hand was 22. Limped pot. The flop comes 2h9hTs. I don't slow play and bet 6 (1/2 blinds still). Kid insta-raises to 20. Drunky goes All-in (but it's only a few more chips. This puts me all-in. This is where the points come into play. Any other time and I'm all-in here. I figure Drunky for the flush and/or straight draw. I'm worried about the Kid. He's a tight player and not one to bluff. Plus he's been getting hit with the deck at times this season. I really put him on a set of 9s or a set of Ts. I fold my 22. I just didn't want to bust first. Drunky has the flush draw and Kid had top two. Nothing comes, drunky busts and I don't rake in a big pot.

My only other big hand was KK, in which I played OK and got a few chips there. Never enough to be dangerous and never had more than the starting stack. My last hand was UTG with A3 and less than 2 BB. I pushed. 3 callers. Flop an Ace, but Kid (In the SB) had 2 small pair. I'm out. Host loses a race with AK vs 22 to bust after me. I'm almost guaranteed 2nd place overall. Unfortunately, Kid gave a ton of chips to Steven and he took the week down. We are 5 points apart. It means more tight play from me, as he has to finish 3 spots ahead of me in a 7 handed game.


-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

0 comments: