Hey, I forgot a title for this Post.

As I’ve started playing in blogger tournaments, I should probably start… um… blogging… again.

I’m not really competing for any of the points since I’ve only played in two events, but it’s giving me some MTT experience, instead of just the huge fields at the FTP regular tournaments. The I played in the 4/16 MATH (Mondays at the Hoy) as well as last nights MATH.

I felt I played well in both but made a questionable call in the end and that cost me.


Last week- I was low stacked:
Full Tilt Poker Game #2227456431: Mondays at the Hoy (16395575), Table 1 - 250/500 Ante 50 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:20:08 ET - 2007/04/17
Seat 1: Unimpressed (7,283) - Button
Seat 2: dbirider (15,724) - SB
Seat 3: BuddyDank (4,757) - BB
Seat 4: InstantTragedy (21,408)
Seat 5: scurvydog (19,505)
Seat 6: summer_babe (29,039)
Seat 7: cracknaces (21,648)
Seat 9: TripJax (27,636)

dbirider posts the small blind of 250
BuddyDank posts the big blind of 500

Dealt to Unimpressed [Kd Ah]
Folds aroundsummer_babe raises to 1,000
TripJax raises to 4,000

I was the 2nd shortest in chips. The thought crossed my mind to fold, but I didn’t take the time to really consider it and I pushed.

Unimpressed raises to 7,233, and is all in
summer_babe folds
TripJax calls 3,233 and shows AA.

Now I’m not one to worry about bubbling (even though my bankroll has been hurting and even 6th place money would help.

With that being said, I think a fold might have been the correct play. Why?
Well with these blogger tournaments, as with most tournaments where the players play with each other on a regular basis, you get a little bit better play than your typical anonymous play. If you’re playing with people you know, or play with a lot and you keep on making donkalicious plays, they’re going to hound you about it. With that being said…
Summer_babe is the big stack. She raises (granted a min-raise) and TripJax, second in chips re-raises. Now the re-raise alone is a signal of a decent hand, but the fact that 2nd in chips was raising the chip leader says his hand is even bigger than just a re-raise.

I don’t know, maybe with my amount of chips I had, I had to play this hand. But then that’s playing my cards and not the player. I have a poll on the Ante Up Nation’s forums if you want to take a look.

I have more to write about, but for now I'll leave it at this.

2 comments:

TripJax 4/25/2007 4:33 PM

In your position, I'm all in there...

Babe could be raising with almost anything given the big stack and the tendency to try and bully with it.

I could have been trying to push him off a bully play with a hand like 99 or TT or even AQ.

At this point in the tourney, and in your position, you gotta look to build that chipstack. AK is too good of a hand to just immediately let go. The fact that you are looking back on the play is a good thing. I just got lucky to wake up with AA in that spot.

Gotta say, I love your Full Tilt screen name. I always laugh when I see it...

Good luck and see you at the Mookie tonight maybe...

TripJax

Joe (aka Unimpressed) 4/26/2007 9:24 AM

Wasn't able to make the mookie last night- didn't bring my laptop and Lost was on. Not that I watched Lost because I fell asleep putting my daughter to my bed and my wife fell asleep on the couch and forgot to wake me up.
----

As for my push/call, I definitely put you on a big hand. I guess you could easily have been a race or AQ. But there had been no real push back on anyone trying to steal.

My questioning of my play may have to do with knowing you had aces after the fact, but the thought did pop into my head on why you would raise the chip leader. I just figured, like you said, AK was too good of a hand to just let it go.