Some Recaps

We now have Week 8, 9 and 10 in the books.

I've been somewhat consistent. In the double week (8) Steve went out in 5th place. It was nice to know that I was going to end the night as the sole points leader. Host went out in 3rd and Drunky and I played heads up again. Once again, he had a bit of a chip lead against me. I battled back and managed to take him out when I limped with an Ace. Missed the flop (check/check), but turned the Ace. I thought hard about betting, but in the end decided to see if he'd bluff. He obliged and pushed. I snap called, even though my kicker was crap. He had 2 unders (not just of the aces, but of the entire board). He doesn't hit runner runner and I take the win and take over 1st place by 8 points. Steve is still in 2nd.

Week 9 continues, this time Steve busts early. Host busts in 3rd. I get heads up with last seasons New Kid. He hasn't done much this season, so I'm not too worried about him winning because he's so far back and ultimately only gaining 1 point on me. Three handed New Kid admitted to getting hit with the deck. I made a lot of bad calls with bottom pair, or ace high, figuring he couldn't keep having hands. He did. I busted 2nd. But another positive showing for me.

Week 10, I continued to play bad. So bad. I busted crippled one guy early, than bust him and Drunky a hand later when my 66 holds up against Drunky's AK and crippled dudes Q2. Another early exit for Steve after that, and I'm pretty sure he's not going to be able to recover. He hasn't shown the necessary aggression. People start calling me pretty lightly, realizing I'm bluffing a lot.

It comes down to 3 handed again, Me, Host and New kid. I'm taking too many stabs and being called light by many people. New kid is getting hit with the deck, and I stupidly keeping calling him. I'm short, he's big stack. Host is right in the middle. I have 89. Flop comes JdTd4d. It goes check-check. Turn is a nice 7s. This time he bets out, and I push. He thinks for a while and then calls. He has an Ad7x. I double up. New kids loses a smallish pot to Host, then they get into two big hands, and host ends up on top and knocks out New Kid. I sneak into 2nd place. I start to mount a comeback, when host limps with Queens and I push with A9s. I don't hit the Ace or Diamonds and I'm out in 2nd.

So that gives me, 2 firsts and 2 second in the last four games. An additional 1st in the last 6 games.

So currently I believe I'm up on host now by 10 points. It's a good place to be. If I go out first the next 2 weeks, I'm guaranteed to at worst, be tied for 1st.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

0 comments: