2 Weeks To Go

We finished up another game. Again, 2 people don't show. The league has become a bit of a joke. 4 people? Seriously?

This time it was me, host, new kid and drunky.

The game actually started early. I really wanted to put some points between me and the host, but with Drunky, it was unlikely. He plays fast and loose and likes to bluff. Host is patient and can wait for the big hands. Also, with 2 people out, the first person eliminated still gets 3 points to the winner's 6.

I only pick up a few medium hands, and quickly find my way down to about 2/3 my stack. Host is fairing worse, and has about 1/2 his original stack. Host ends up getting super short (limping in with weak hands and folding to a raise) and finally pushes in with a marginal hand. He gets called by Drunky. And is busted. I'm happy because it means I'm gaining at least a point on him tonight, but my stack hasn't been growing. 3 handed, I turn up the aggression a bit, and get some decent size pots. Next thing I know, New Kids is short, and I'm about even in chips.

He's in the BB and a few blinds left. I'm thinking he's practically pot committed in the BB, so I'm very excited with TT on the button. He push and he thinks about folding, but finally decides to call. She flips A9. Perfect. No race. My odds improve with a flopped set when a T hits. Unfortunately he goes runner-runner for a straight (with the 9) and doubles up. I still have a healthy stack though.

Drunky goes out a few hands later.

A few hands later, I push him off a raise, when he tells me he has only 28 behind after he raises to about 15. After I counted it out and pushed all in, figuring I still had him outchipped if he doubled up, he corrects his count and tells me he had 48. Now, if I paid attention to his actual stack I would have clearly seen that he had 2 stacks of 20, not 1. But I didn't look over, I just relied on his info. My mistake. But I was still steaming, but couldn't say anything or he might call and he was definitely contemplating a fold. In the end, he folds and I increase the chip lead. The final hand, I manage to come from behind. I had T8 sooooooted. We see a cheap flop of 6-5-3, 2 of my soot. He's short, so I push and he calls with 54. I get there on the turn, but it's a 6s so he has outs. He doesn't boat up and I manage my 2nd win in a row.

Good news is that I gained 3 points on the Host. Putting me 7 points in the lead. Which means, no matter what happens in Week 15, I will go into the final week with AT LEAST a one point lead, even if I don't show up and get 0 points.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

2 comments:

PokerLaz 1/26/2010 4:36 AM

It's so f'in frustrating when people don't show. Their selfishness has a massive impact on everyone else's enjoyment

Ben 2/25/2010 8:32 AM

I also hate it when people dont show.
But good job on it anyways.
and best of luck for the finals.