2 posts in one month???

Damn, I'm a blogging junkie!

Well the league ended with little fan fair for me. I needed to finish 3 spots ahead of points leader in the final tournament, but I didn't. I believe I went out in 5th. The points leader managed 3rd place (and took the season title). In the end it was heads up between the leagues worst, but most aggressive player and one of the leagues tightest players. And with the points, if the tighest player won the final tournament he'd have sole possession of 2nd place overall. If he finished in 2nd in the last tournament, him and I tie for 2nd place overall.

...more...


Heads up didn't last long, and I don't remember the hand, but the aggressive player won and I split 2nd place money. Which is small. Over the entire league I definitely had a profit, but then again, so did the worst player. Typical, he's either out first or wins. He had 3 wins (including the last tournament which is double points and double money) but was still not in the running at all for season leader.

It was a fun time and it's always good to play live. With a baby on the way I couldn't join the next season. But maybe the season after that.

Another monthly home game. Once again I showed a profit. I showed up late so I missed the first two tournaments. The 2nd tournament had me finish 2nd, and then in the final tournamenet I took it down for a small profit. It's always nice to come out ahead. Especially since these tournaments are a lot about luck with the fast blind structure.

And I've mentioned in that past that I'm no good online. I don't have the patience. I think I have to changed that. I have a few bucks for poker, but I don't see me having an opportunity to hit Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun. Which means other than the home games, I won't be able to play much poker. And right now I need to find away to suppliment my income. I don't expect to make a ton of money online, but I would like to make some. Enough to pull out a little bit here and there to help with the various household expenses. I don't have the time for a second job, so I want to try to take these few dollars and turn myself into a profitable player. But to do that I need to learn the discipline. So you may see me at the virtual felt again... if you do, remind me that I need to have discipline.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

0 comments: