I'm Done With Online Poker

...again. I'm not raging against suckouts and what not, I just don't have the mentality for it. Not yet anyway. I let myself tilt. I don't tilt in lives games, but on the internet I tilt.

The other week I deposited $62 . I wanted to sit down at a .25/.50 no limit table, which I did, and play in a 11+1 turbo SnG. Which I did.

The SnG failed miserably, the cash game was a success. Until I took a hit and ended up only about 22 bucks, but once you subtract out the SnG it was a mere $10 profit. Sad, when I was up 40 at one point. The next night, I jumped into another .25/.50 table and a couple of SnGs, again, my profits were less because I didn't manage to cash in any of the SnGs.

Finally the third night. I had been playing a video game that night and came across a glitch which cost me about 2 hours worth of progress. I turned it off and hopped online. I, again, sat in a .25/.50 table. I was building a decent stack, when I let a guy set me up.

A5off in the BB. Middle position min raises. I call. I hit my 5, but I'm done with this hand. No point in losing too much. It goes Check, check. Turn is an Ace. Ha. Now I'm hope he has a good ace. I bet, he raises, I push. He calls. He has a good ace. He has two of them. My $60 is down to about $25.

A little while later, I have QJ and raise it up. I get one caller. The flop comes all low. I bet, my opponent raises, and I, for whatever stupid reason, I push my stack. It's a huge overbet and my opponent calls with 77. He actually had a OESD as well. I didn't improve.

Now, I got some rakeback last night. About $25. I put it all in a .10/.25 short handed game. I built it up, but took a hit when I called a small raise with J9 suited. Flop comes J9T. I bet, raiser calls. The turn is a low card. But it puts two flush draws out there. I bet my two pair (I think about half the pot, the OR raises about 4 times my bet, and I push. He thinks and thiks, then calls off his stack with AQ. OESD. He hits a K on the river and I lose all but 4 bucks. I steam and push a few hands, but no one calls. Then I cool off and start playing smart again. I did make two slightly tilty moves. I trusted my instincts on two hands and bluffed two people off hands when I had nothing. Not smart when you have a short stacked. Especially if you're pushing on a big stack. One of the people I bluffed could easily have called and been only a slight dent. But they didn't want to give me the courtesy double up.

Then I raised 3 hands in a row and put out continuation bets when I was called, and took down 3 hands in a row. I was starting to make a comeback. I was dealt AA in the small blind. I'm hoping the BB notices I keep raising and will my raise. Suddenly, someone in late position makes it a .85. I raise to 2 something, and the BB, shoves (something like $35). I'm kinda hoping the LP calls, but he folds. I easily call and I'm up against KK. The flop more or less ends it with an A. I play a few more hands, but end up cashing out with only a 1.50 loss.

However, with FTP's new tournament $$$, I've been playing in the 90FTP 27 handed satellite into the midnight madness (11+1). I've won two of those satellites, then I unregister from the Midnight Madness tourny and I have 11 in tournament cash. I used the first one for a SnG, but didn't get much very far. I still have the second T11.

Last night when I won my second one, I played in about 5 of these satellites. At one time I had 3 tables going and managed the final table in all 3. With healthy stacks. One of them, the chip leader had a huge suckout on me to knock me out in 4th. So I'll probably play those to try to get some more cash.

Basically, I'm done with online poker DEPOSITS.

-My name is Unimpressed, and I'm an donkaholic.

1 comments:

Free Poker Capital 7/28/2009 4:27 PM

Online poker Free Starting Capital for new players - all possible $50 bankrolls :)

El Chupacabras