I Hate When I Forget A Title

It’s hard to want to blog when you’re playing micro stakes. But when you have about $15 in your account, you’re stuck with .05/.10 no limit and $1 + $.25 Turbo SnGs. I did throw down the $11 to play in this week’s Mookie. More on that in a second.

...more...

Before that start I had about $5 left. I played a $1 SnG and brought the remainder to a .05/.10 full ring table. I managed to win the SnG, and only made about 2.50 at the table. I did triple up at the table. When I started it was full, but slowly the table dried up until it was just me and a monster chip stack (he had $30- max buy-in is $10- and I had $5). I won a few small pots. A third person joined in. A few hands into 3-handed play, this hand game up:

Full Tilt Poker Game #2918300137: Table Sunrise Skyline - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:14:24 ET - 2007/07/11
Seat 3: Unimpressed ($5.55)
Seat 4: Meyehar Izhevy ($23.75)
Seat 5: Fervus ($6.80)
Fervus posts the small blind of $0.05
Unimpressed posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Unimpressed [Qd Th]
Meyehar Izhevy raises to $0.20
Fervus calls $0.15
Unimpressed calls $0.10
*** FLOP *** [8c Jd 9s]
Fervus bets $0.60
Unimpressed calls $0.60
Big Nate KW sits down
Meyehar Izhevy raises to $1.20
Fervus calls $0.60
Big Nate KW adds $10
Unimpressed raises to $5.35, and is all in
Meyehar Izhevy calls $4.15
Fervus calls $4.15
*** TURN *** [8c Jd 9s] [6c]
Fervus bets $1.25, and is all in
Meyehar Izhevy calls $1.25
Fervus shows [Ac Td]
Unimpressed shows [Qd Th]
Meyehar Izhevy shows [8h 9h]
*** RIVER *** [8c Jd 9s 6c] [3h]
Fervus shows Ace Jack high
Meyehar Izhevy shows two pair, Nines and Eights
Meyehar Izhevy wins the side pot ($2.50) with two pair, Nines and Eights
Unimpressed shows a straight, Queen high
Unimpressed wins the main pot ($16.15) with a straight, Queen high

Can’t really fault anyone’s play here. But this gave me a large stack. Unfortunately, as the table got full, I bled chips and ended up with only about a $2.00 profit.

Now at the Mookie I was a pocket pair junkie… Unfortunately, none of them improved and was usually 2 over-cards to the board. And I had to release them. I quickly lost about 1000 of the starting 3000 chips. I did make a stand on one hand with pocket 8s.

I’m in the cutoff (8c,8d). I started the hand with 1475.
Tripjax (started w/ 2970), UTG limps for 30.
Folds to MiamiDon (started w/ 3345) in MP. He raises to 110. I call and so does Tripjax.
FLOP: 9c – 4d – 3s
Tripjax bets 250.
MiamiDon folds and I push all-in. Tripjax thinks and finally lays it down.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get much going. In the end, blinds were 50-100. I have 1350. IronGirl01 has 3145, she’s in the small blind and UTG+2.

I have QQ, and at just over 10xBB I’m push or fold. I push and IronGirl calls. She flips over AQ and flops her A to knock me out. As she’s from the Albany area, where I went to college, I’ll let her live… this time.

Right now I only have about $6 in my account. Not much I can do with that. I’ll probably play that in the next few days (buy in short and play a $1 sng), and I if I lose, well I’ll take about a month off until I get my affiliate money in August.

So to my 2-3 readers, don’t be surprised if this blog goes silent for a while. Maybe I’ll try to find some non-poker stuff to blog about. I lead a rather boring life so we’ll see.

[insert witty closing line here]

2 comments:

TripJax 7/12/2007 3:02 PM

I had AT of clubs that hand. No way I could call your all-in there...

Doh!

Jordan 8/01/2007 5:52 PM

Hey Unimpressed. Do I still owe you money for the WSOP prop bets? Hit me up with an email when you get the chance. Thanks.