I'm still playing.

A lot has happened in the poker world in the last few weeks. Many sites are freaking out about the "ban" that will be going into effect soon. Companies are bailing on their US customers faster than... well faster than Bill Frist can sneak an internet gambling amendment onto a Port Security bill that no politician in their right might (though I think there were two) could vote against.

Sites like Party Poker and Titan and even Firepay (a non gambling, no US site) are abandoning their US customers, HUGE portions of their base (I, for one, will not do business with them again- except when Party gives me free money). For what? For questionable legislation, that isn't completely clear on what's being banned. Poker insiders think that the poker isn't included because of the skill factor, and that the only thing that the bill is restricting is what people do with their own money.

For now, life goes on as normal. My favorite site, Full Tilt Poker is continuing business as usual. I have money in there. I'll admit I withdrew about 2/3 of the money I had in there as a precaution, however, I continue to play.

BACKDATE: I ended up winning one of those $20 SnGs that I tried. It was a one time thing and haven't done one again. Nice feeling pullin' in $90.

After I cashed out, I had about $80 left. I ran that up to $125, but then with some of the worst play I've ever done, dropped it down to $50. Last night (3am) I jumped into a $10.00 4 player heads up shootout. Win 2 heads up matches and win all the money. I beat my first opponent relatively easily and watched the other two play. As I watched, I knew the money was mine. There'd be 100 chips in the pot, and one guy would push all his chips in (1500+). It was crazy. Twice I watched his opponent called him having him dominated. Maniac just says, "You caught me." Maniac ended up losing, but his opponent wasn't much better. I'd hit a hand and just have to let him bet off all his chips. In the end, I made up for the horrible cash games I've played recently (I still love 1/2 limit!).

Anyway, Saturday, my monthly home game was supposed to start up again (we haven't had one in a couple of months), but a few people couldn't make it, so four of us decided, instead, we're hitting Foxwoods! WOO HOO! I've been jonesin' to go for a while now. I need something more than just internet poker. I keep donking off $50 and then winning it back, so I'm not really moving very far in my bankroll.

Anyway, so saturday will be a day spent at Foxwoods. I'll try to get some good posts out of that one.

And I try not to beg, but if there are ANY readers, please leave a comment. I'm curious as to how many I have, if any.

3 comments:

Unknown 10/13/2006 5:31 PM

J2K coming at ya from the All-in boards. Good Job on the tourny wins. I recently won a 9 person $3. Only got $10 but it's nice to win, and relatively good for my regular limits, online anyway.

I've been thinking of putting some $ in Full Tilt but the guy who hosts my regular 1/2 game said he tried it and didn't like it. Maybe I'll deposit and look you up at the tables

Joe (aka Unimpressed) 10/13/2006 5:37 PM

hey Josh, if you choose to use FTP and not use a rakeback site (rakefreeze.com is a common one), feel free to sign up with my code of: unimpressed.

StatikKling 10/13/2006 5:53 PM

Just as long as you keep your donk sessions to the minimun, you should be fine.. and this coming form a donk. :)

Long live Full Tilt and PokerStars!